So there are some things you should and shouldn’t do prior to your mortgage loan application.
Things you should not do:
- Do not apply for other loans that could increase your debt load.
- Do not increase existing balances or transfer balances with existing credit cards.
- Do not miss any payments.
- Do not deposit cash into your bank account and try to avoid doing bank to bank transfers.
- And do not change your job or take a leave of absence.
Things you should do:
- Do put off acquiring new debt and until after funding.
- Do limit your credit card usage and pay your credit card balances down. But don’t close them out.
- Do you save as much money as you can for your downpayment.